Tax litigation is complex and multifaceted.
You need someone who understands tax, but also knows how to navigate the court process.
• • •
Tax litigation requires a unique skillset acquired through years of experience. Each issue needs to be addressed by carefully analysing the text of the law within the broader context of the legislation, the relevant jurisprudence and the specific facts of the case. Communicate with us to book a consultation.
Some of the Tax Issues That We Litigated
- Deductibility of Business Expenses
- Unreported Income / Net Worth Assessments
- Employment Benefits
- Shareholder Benefits
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Income vs. Capital Gain
- Heath and Welfare Trusts
- Tax Shelters
- Interest Deductibility
- Debt Forgiveness
- Source of Income
- Director Liability
- Non-Arm’s Length Transfers (160 ITA)
- Attribution Rules
- Penalties (Including Gross Negligence Penalties)
- Foreign Reporting Requirements (T1135)
- Judicial Review of CRA’s Decision to Deny VDP Application
- Various GST-Related Matters